The overwhelming consensus was that D4G had been extremely successful in engaging faith communities on the issues faced by girls in managing their periods with confidence and dignity.
The conference heard that the D4G programme had:
- reached 24,626 people with awareness raising or training (more than three times the original target of 7,232) ***
- benefited 9,389 pupils with improved latrines, washing and water facilities
- trained 1,360 girls on menstrual hygiene management (MHM) and provided them with reusable sanitary pads, knickers and soap
- trained 708 parents on MHM
- trained 350 faith leaders on MHM
- trained 221 teachers on MHM and provided them with teaching resources.
*** Since the conference, more information has come in – we've reached an amazing 31,844 people and trained 1,788 girls on menstrual health by establishing 24 schools as centres of excellence!